New Pioneer Elite SC-71 And SC-72 AV Receivers Offer High Performance Class D3 Amplification
Pioneer Electronics today introduced the Elite SC-71 and SC-72 home theater AV receivers, offering outstanding audio performance utilizing the power of Class D3 amplification. The 7.2-channel receivers are designed to deliver studio quality audio and video output along with multi-zone and multi-source capability, 4K Ultra HD upscaling, high-resolution audio playback and the convenience of wireless control via Pioneer’s proprietary iControlAV2013 App.
“Enthusiasts and custom installers demand high power and excellent performance combined with installation flexibility from their home theater systems,” said Chris Walker, director of AV marketing and product planning for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new SC models are built with our most powerful Class D3 amplifier to deliver massive power output that exceeds what these types of users will ever need. Best of all, the amp technology is now available on a receiver with a suggested price under a thousand dollars.”
Pioneer Elite SC-71
Enhanced Performance and Control
- Class D3 Amplification – First introduced in a $7,000 Elite AV receiver, Pioneer’s ultra high performance Class D3 amplifier technology is now integrated in both SC-71 and SC-72 models. Class D3 is engineered to operate at extremely high output levels with virtually no distortion and no loss in performance, even when all channels are simultaneously driven at full volume, making the SC line of receivers one of the most efficient and most powerful amplifiers on the market. The amp technology delivers the true audio potential of high-resolution audio content as well as other high-definition uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray Disc titles.
- Multi-Zone Network Capabilities – The SC-71 and SC-72 are built for maximum installation flexibility, offering a variety of multi-zone set-up configurations. All seven speaker outputs can be reconfigured five different ways, including a true 7.2-channel speaker setup or a full 5.1-channel with the extra outputs used for powering a completely different zone altogether, and all controllable from the receiver and/or user’s portable device via the iControlAV2013 App (available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and Android OS devices).
Both models offer simultaneous entertainment from different sources in up to three zones – a main zone, a powered Zone 2 (two speakers in a second room) and a third HDZone (additional HDMI source to a third room).
With the SC-72 (for Zone 2), the model adds the ability to adjust tone (treble and bass), volume and balance (left and right), and the option to incorporate a subwoofer to create a more powerful 2.1-channel system. The SC-72 also offers output for a fourth zone (Zone 3), a two channel audio experience with the ability to control volume and balance.
- Custom Installation – For advanced home theater control, both receivers are certified for compatibility with the most popular custom control companies, including Crestron and Control4, and offer custom installation features including full two-way RS-232C-over-IP control, including the ability to receive metadata from network and iOS connected devices.
- Simple Control and Set Up – Pioneer’s proprietary iControlAV2013 App, available free of charge on the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com, or Google Play for Android devices, offers wireless control over the features and functionalities of the SC-71 and SC-72 from the convenience of the user’s own smart device. Both models also feature Pioneer’s AVNavigator (now available for Windows on the bundled CD-ROM, for Mac from the Pioneer website and for iPad on the App Store), a two-way interactive owner’s manual that walks users through the entire setup process of the receiver including speaker arrangement, sound optimization and firmware updates.
Custom Installation – For advanced home theater control, both receivers are certified for compatibility with the most popular custom control companies, including Crestron and Control4, and offer custom installation features including full two-way RS-232C-over-IP control, including the ability to receive metadata from network and iOS connected devices.
More Entertainment Sources
- Expanded Music Options – The SC-71 and SC-72 enable playback of WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC and FLAC files from a networked computer or a connected USB drive. For 2013, Pioneer also added playback of high-resolution AIFF and Apple Lossless files, and Gapless and DSD file music playback. Both receivers are Windows 8 certified and feature DLNA 1.5 certification for music content playback from a networked DLNA server or DLNA application being used on a Windows PC, Mac, or smartphone connected on a home network, either through a wired Ethernet connection or optional AS-WL300 wireless Wi-Fi adapter.
The receivers offer a wide range of music options including access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including PANDORA and vTuner internet radio. Pioneer’s PUSH PLAYER, a feature on the iControlAV2013 App designed for the new Elite receivers, enables users to access the music libraries stored on their devices and create playlists for wireless streaming.
- Music Streaming – Users of iOS devices can take advantage of Apple’s AirPlay, which allows users to stream their iTunes music whether from Mac or PC, as well as music stored on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Both receivers also support Android OS devices, and on compatible HTC smartphones (including the new HTC One Phone) using HTC Connect, enable direct music streaming for ultimate convenience.
- 4K Ultra HD Upscaling – Both SC receivers support the next generation 4K Ultra HD resolution standard to provide the highest quality video image available, with the ability to pass through 4K video signals to any compatible displays. The models also have the ability to upscale lower resolution analog and HDMI video signals for viewing in 4K Ultra HD resolution when used with the latest 4K displays.
The new receivers include built in Mobile High Definition (MHL) connectivity for playback of audio and video content (including high-definition 3D content) and faster phone charging. The higher model SC-72 utilizes an aluminum panel and insulated dual chassis to reduce noise and improve audio quality output.
Pricing And Availability
Both Elite SC-71 and SC-72 receivers will be available in June with suggested retail prices of $1,100 and $1,400 respectively.
- Apr 11, 2013
New Pioneer Elite VSX-43 and VSX-70 Receivers Offer Multi-Zone, Multi-Source CapabilitiesPioneer Electronics Inc. today introduced two new Elite home theater AV receivers, the Elite VSX-43 7. Today introduced two new Elite home theater AV receivers, the Elite VSX-43 7.1-channel receiver and VSX-70 7.2-channel receiver, designed for expanded entertainment and control throughout the home...
- Mar 5, 2013
Pioneer 2013 AV Receivers Ready For Smartphone IntegrationAs today’s advanced smartphones continue to become essential components of the home entertainment experience, Pioneer is making integration of these devices easy and convenient. HTC Connect – With HTC Connect, owners of compatible HTC smartphones (including the new HTC One Phone) can conveniently stream music content directly to the Pioneer networked-enabled receivers via a wireless connection...
- Sep 5, 2012
Pioneer Adds Pandora And vTuner Internet Radio Services to SMA Wireless SpeakersPioneer Electronics Inc. is integrating the benefits of Internet music services and control options to its recently released SMA series Wi-Fi® speaker systems, adding the extremely popular Pandora® internet radio and vTuner™ Internet radio services. “Adding Pandora and vTuner to our new SMA wireless speakers greatly expands the user’s audio entertainment options by giving them access to thousands of internet radio stations in addition to the music already stored on their smart devices,” said Chris Walker, director AV product planning and marketing the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc...
- Sep 5, 2012
Apple Lossless And Aiff Support Added To Pioneer's 2012 Elite SC ReceiversPioneer Electronics Inc. continues its commitment to providing consumers superior audio entertainment by offering a new firmware update to add support for Apple Lossless, AIFF and gapless playback on Pioneer’s 2012 Elite® SC receivers, SC-65, SC-67 and SC-68, and the Pioneer®-branded SC-1522 receiver. Additional High Resolution Music Playback – The SC-67 offers DSD (SACD DFF Files) music file playback via the front USB connection, while the SC-1522 and SC-68 offer the industry’s first 192kHz/32-bit asynchronous USB DAC for ultra-high quality music file playback from a USB connected PC or Mac...
- Aug 13, 2012
Pioneer Releases Elite A-20 Integrated Amplifier Ideal For Music EnthusiastsPioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today officially released its new Elite A-20 integrated amplifier designed for the true 2-channel music enthusiast. The new analog-only amplifier includes six audio inputs, with the ability to accurately reproduce content from sources such as Pioneer’s Elite® networked audio players, the N-30 or N-50...